Great Britain Birding Experience
12 Days / 11 Nights
7 - 19 August 2020
Immerse yourself in Mother Nature and follow the winding paths and mystic atmosphere. Only to be found in Forests and Woodlands of Great Britain. With mirror lakes and rugged mountains, to the green hills in the central regions with the ever present hedge row.
All with their very specific birds and wildlife species, with over 616 recorded bird species it will be a journey to remember!
Itinerary in detail
Transfer to Suffolk
Settle in and explore nearby beaches and surrounds
Depart: Minsmere Suffolk
Key activity, spend a few hours at Minsmere coastal reserve
Visit Rutland reserve water fowl sanctuary en route to Northumberland.
Visit Farne Island
Explore this largest man made woodland in Great Britain with its pristine rivers and waterfalls.
Depart: Kielder Forest
Head for the “Lake District” with its incedible landscapes of hills and dales and mirror lakes
Continue to explore the area with its never ending landscapes
Continue the journey of exploration in the Lake district.
Final day of exploring this ancient landscape especially for its photographic opportunities.
Arrive: Stratford upon Avon
Explore the lanes and gardens of this unique area
Move onto Slimbridge for the Sir Peter Scott Wildfowl centre. One of the finest collections in the world.
Explore the Cottwolds with its unique medievel limestone houses set in rolling hills and grasslands
Arrive: New Forests
Another pristine forest to explore with its ever changing seasonal colours
Depart: New Forest
Last chance to visit the forest before heading for the airport and home
What you are taking away:
The outcomes of a Side Street Explorer experience will be a heightened awareness of nature and “being one” with the surroundings you are visiting.
A start to a life time passion for birding and nature photography , and an appreciation and respect for our world.
Participating in the Side Street Explorer experience will enable you to “capture” this experience for posterity and open your mind to experience what a wonderful world we really live in.
Maximum of 8 couples never more
From R41 600.00
Price is Per Person Sharing
Category: Standard 3*
Suffolk The Brudenell
Rutland Rutland Water
Farne Islands Waren House
Cumbria Ravenstone Manor
Windermere Glenburn Hotel
Stratford The White Swan
Slimbridge Wild Goose Lodge
Cotswold The Close Hotel
New Forest The Bell Inn
Tour Price Includes
- Accommodation in twin/double room with daily breakfast at the below indicated room types (see hotel category list below) (check in and check out around noontime)
- All transfers and transportation with air-con vehicles (types of vehicles depending on the number of pax)
o 1-2 pax: car of 7 seats
o 3-6 pax: car of 16 seats
- Local ENGLISH speaking guides (one guide in Vietnam; one guide in Cambodia) with medical kits
- One local person to assist beside the local tour leader on days of cycling for group of 8 pax up
- Mechanic services
- All entrance fees as program
- Meals (B/L/D) (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner) as indicated in the program
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person per day on bus on days of transfer and sightseeing only
- Government tax and service charge
- Added value from 08 Paying Pax up: 1 Tour Leader Free Of Charge based on twin-sharing room (exclusive of airfares and other surcharges)
Tour Price Excludes
- Travel insurance (compulsory)
- Bike helmet (compulsory)
- Airfares (international and domestic)
- Meals (other than mentioned in the program)
- Early check in or late check out
- Additional transfer required due to any emergency situation
- Mineral water beyond that supplied
- Optional excursions and activities
- Items of a personal nature (Phone calls, laundry, beverages…)
- Peak season surcharges if any
- All not mentioned above